Common symptoms include:
- Slurred speech or difficulty finding some words
- Loss of, or disturbed vision in one or both eyes
- Weakness, numbness, clumsiness or pins and needles on one side of the body e.g. arm or leg. This may also be seen on the person’s face by the appearance of a drooping mouth.
- Face Can they smile or is one side of the mouth or eye drooping?
- Arm weakness Can the person raise both arms? Is one weak?
- Speech Is their speech slurred or muddled?
- Time to call 999
What is a stroke? What is a TIA?
Page last reviewed: 09 Jan 2020