Introduction and Learning Points
This activity explores the knowledge and skills required to enable health and social care staff to communicate more effectively with individuals with communication problems in their care.
NB: Information within this module is due to be reviewed. Updated content will appear here shortly.
- Describe the type of communication problems which can occur following stroke
- Explain the effects that communication difficulties following stroke may have on an individual
- Outline the difference between communication problems and confusion following stroke
- Identify strategies which may be used to assist an individual with communication problems following stroke
- Provide information on the Adults with Incapacity Act
Page last reviewed: 24 Jan 2020