What is a specialist spasticity service?
A specialist spasticity service is a multidisciplinary team providing comprehensive assessment and management for people with complex spasticity due to neurological disorders including stroke.
What should a specialist service offer?
- A comprehensive assessment of spasticity by the multidisciplinary team
- Identify impacts of spasticity for the person
- Identify and manage trigger factors
- Deliver focused treatment
- Assist patient in setting realistic treatment goals
- Formulate a treatment plan to manage spasticity and prevent long-term problems where possible
Page last reviewed: 06 May 2020